A good dentist doesn’t just take care of your teeth; he takes care of your overall well-being and confidence. With the number of dentists in the area, how do you choose the perfect dentist that is a match for you?
Here are things to consider:
- Your dentist should be accessible. If you have to travel for two hours just to get a checkup, it may be difficult for you to be there in case of dental emergencies. Proximity should be a consideration. If you are from Payton, then you can try a dentist that is within your area.
- Your dentist’s office should make you feel at home. The equipment should be up to date and well-maintained. The surroundings should be clean and homey.
- Your dentist should listen to your concerns. You should have a say in the right treatment for you.
- Your dentist should be able to offer treatment options that would be beneficial for you. He should be able to suggest what is best regarding budget, medical history, even pain tolerance.
- He/she should give options, but not necessarily upsell services that you might not need.
- He/she treats his/her staff well. This will give you an idea if your dentist is a caring individual and a good manager.
- In the same way, your dentist’s staff should be efficient, courteous and respectful
- Your dentist shows compassion and follows up to check on you after a painful or difficult dental procedure.
- Your dentist makes you feel comfortable. He/she talks you through the procedure and makes you feel relaxed. He/she can talk to you about different treatments in layman’s terms so that you will be better equipped to make decisions.
- Your dentist should honor the time of appointments. He/she will not schedule multiple patients nor make you wait for a long time.
A great smile involves good oral care, which starts with you, with the guidance of your friendly dentist. Most dentists from Payton offer general treatments, Periodontic and Endodontic therapies. You can be sure that your family is in good hands.