The heating system is one of the most important components of your home, giving you that much-needed relief from the biting cold of Utah winters. As such, you should treat it with the care and attention it deserves; otherwise, it can cause you major trouble along the way.
Whipple Service Champions, a company specializing in heating repair in Salt Lake City, translates what the heating system is trying to tell you.
Please take care of me so I can take care of you and your family
Emergency departments all over the United States attend to more than 30 million cases of unintentional injuries every year. About two-fifths of the patients stay in the hospital for a day or longer and as many as 5% require critical care.
While falls account for the majority of the causes of these injuries, know that a significant number of them also have something to do with the use – or improper use thereof – of space heaters. The same holds true for the continued operation of heaters, despite the knowledge of their existing problems.
Repairing me can prevent disasters
Whichever type of heating system you have, you should have it repaired as soon as possible before it causes a major accident at home. Not only can the continued use of a faulty furnace or boiler result in a fire, explosion, or electrocution; it can also lead to the dreaded and deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
Keep in mind that CO is an invisible, tasteless, and odorless toxic gas, which can cause major health problems even just in minute doses.
Don’t ignore my repair needs
It’s easy to tell when a space heater no longer functions properly. From having no light or experiencing difficulties in lighting it up to producing odd smells, all these should already tell you that you need the help of a licensed and insured HVAC specialist.
The look and performance of your heating system say everything about its condition. Do not ignore even the smallest sign of problem to avoid inconveniences and unnecessary costs.